Ready to get your pumpkin party on? This all-natural Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies recipe is a perfect treat with no trick! Packed with essential nutrients, you can eat these pumpkin cookies guilt free. Enjoy them as they are, crumble on top of a smoothie bowl or dip in a pumpkin spice latte.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin
Here are some health benefits of pumpkin and why we choose to incorporate this ingredient into our pumpkin cookie recipe.
- Boosts Vision: Did you know that a single cup of mashed pumpkin provides 200% of your daily needs for Vitamin A? This vitamin helps maintain healthy vision. The orange color of pumpkin indicates the presence of an important antioxidant called beta-carotene, which converts to Vitamin A in the body boosting eye-sight.
- Slows Aging: Pumpkins are the fountain of youth for their anti-aging properties! They contain antioxidant carotenoids, which help slow the aging process in skin by protecting cells from free radical damage caused by environmental pollutants and over-exposure to the sun. Who doesn’t want wrinkle-free skin?
Health Benefits of Oats
We choose to add oats to our Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies recipe because they are a great source of complex carbohydrates and one of the most nutrient dense foods out there!
- Promotes Weight Loss: Did you know every ½ cup serving of oats contains 8 grams of fiber, making you feel satiated longer? Fiber oats also contain beta-glucan, which help to reduce the levels of cholesterol and blood sugar and increase metabolism.
- Bone Health: One serving of oats contains 96% of your body’s recommended daily intake for manganese. Having balanced levels of manganese promotes healthy formation of connective tissue and bones, which is helpful in prevention and treatment of osteoporosis, especially in women.
So now that you know the health benefits of pumpkin and oats, you can enjoy this recipe guilt free!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies Recipe:
Prep Time: 10 min, Cook Time 12-15 min, Serves 12-15
1 1/2 dry oats
1/4 cup preferred flavor of protein powder (we used Orgain’s Pumpkin Spice)
1/4 cup oat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4-1/2 cup coconut sugar (adjust depending on sweetness level)
2 tbsp almond milk
1/2 of choice of raisins, pumpkin seeds, chopped pecans, blueberries or dairy-free chocolate chips!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in all the wet ingredients.
- Form dough into about 12-15 balls and gently push down onto cookies sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- When done baking, take parchment paper off cookies sheet and let cool (unless you prefer to eat your cookies warm!)
For more healthy fall treats, try our Butternut Squash Soup recipe!